Vorherige << 
1, 2

Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema 
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 04.12.2023, 17:30 
Forenmeister
Forenmeister

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 12.03.2023

Initial Results From the First Field Expedition of UAPx to Study Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena

In July 2021, faculty from the UAlbany Department of Physics participated in a week-long field expedition with the organization UAPx to collect data on UAPs in Avalon, California, located on Catalina Island, and nearby. This paper reviews both the hardware and software techniques which this collaboration employed, and contains a frank discussion of the successes and failures, with a section about how to apply lessons learned to future expeditions. Both observable-light and infrared cameras were deployed, as well as sensors for other (non-EM) emissions. A pixel-subtraction method was augmented with other similarly simple methods to provide initial identification of objects in the sky and/or the sea crossing the cameras' fields of view. The first results will be presented based upon approximately one hour in total of triggered visible/night-vision-mode video and over 600 hours of untriggered (far) IR video recorded, as well as 55 hours of (background) radiation measurements. Following multiple explanatory resolutions of several ambiguities that were potentially anomalous at first, we focus on the primary remaining ambiguity captured at approximately 4am Pacific Time on Friday, July 16: a dark spot in the visible/near-IR camera possibly coincident with ionizing radiation that has thus far resisted a prosaic explanation. We conclude with quantitative suggestions for serious researchers in this still-nascent field of hard-science-based UAP studies, with an ultimate goal of identifying UAPs without confirmation bias toward either mundane or speculative conclusions.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2312.00558.pdf

"Er hat nicht berichtet"

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 04.12.2023, 17:30 

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2023, 17:20 
Forenmeister
Forenmeister

Es gibt auch Männer die große Eier in der Hose haben!

"
O.S.I.R.I.S.
@OSIRISUAP

An open letter to @MickWest

Dear Mick,

I am writing to invite your expertise and analytical skills to review a scientific paper titled "Initial Results From the First Field Expedition of UAPx to Study Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena," on which I am a co-author. The paper, submitted to arXiv details the methodologies and preliminary findings from a field expedition conducted by UAPx in July 2021 at Avalon, California, and nearby Catalina Island.

We collaborated with faculty from the University at Albany SUNY and other experts to collect data on UAPs using a multifaceted approach. This included deploying both observable-light and infrared cameras, sensors for non-electromagnetic emissions, and a new software package for image analysis named C-TAP (Custom Target Analysis Protocol) developed by one of our team members, Dr. Szydagis. The study aimed to identify and classify unidentified, unknown, and unclassified phenomena without succumbing to confirmation biases toward mundane or speculative conclusions.

I respect your reputation as a critical thinker and a skeptic known for debunking various conspiracy theories and pseudoscientific claims. Your work in promoting scientific methods to analyze and refute unfounded claims aligns well with my approach to UAP studies. I believe your independent review would provide invaluable insights into our methodology, the approach we have taken, and the conclusions we have drawn. Specifically, I am interested in your assessment of our data collection and analysis techniques, the rigour of our methodologies, and any biases we might have overlooked.

I would also like to understand your personal perspective on this study. Does it align with the kind of evidence-based, critical analysis you advocate for in scientific inquiry, especially in fields prone to speculation and sensationalism?

The full paper is attached for your review. I would be honored to receive your feedback and look forward to any suggestions you may have for improving future research.

Thank you for considering my request.
Sincerely,
Jeremy McGowan

https://arxiv.org/abs/2312.00558
12:00 AM · Dec 5, 2023
from Las Vegas, NV

Mick West
@MickWest
·
Dec 5
I'd have to see the raw video of the one unresolved anomaly. I don't think I can do a proper review without it.

O.S.I.R.I.S.
@OSIRISUAP
·
Dec 5
I can provide you with that. I’ll send you a Dropbox link tonight"

Weiter geht’s @ https://ai-funkyflame.com/maybe

Suche nach:
New Topic Locked  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite
 Vorherige << 
1, 2

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde